At ECC we believe that we can best fulfill the Great Commission through affiliations and cooperation with other faithful churches and ministries.
We believe it is vital for churches to cooperate and associate with other like-minded churches, whether formally through denominational affiliation or informally through association with church “networks.” Despite differences in secondary issues, we can still unite around the essentials of the faith, such as the triune God, the authority and sufficiency of Scripture, the centrality of the gospel, the five solas, etc. Our cooperation and fellowship in the gospel serves to bear witness to the unity of the Church and the glory of God.
Here is an overview of our church’s affiliations: the church networks, local ministries and other like-minded churches with which we cooperate and support.
We are associated with the following networks of churches:
- 9Marks. A ministry that helps pastors, future pastors, and church members see what a biblical church looks like, and to take practical steps for becoming one.
- The Gospel Coalition. TGC is a fellowship of evangelical churches in the Reformed tradition deeply committed to renewing their faith in the gospel of Christ and to reforming their ministry practices to conform fully to the Scriptures.
- Reformation Society of Western New York. This is a fraternal organization, associated with the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, for pastors and lay leaders of churches, meeting in various locations each month for fellowship, prayer, worship, and study.
Local, Like-Minded Churches
While we would love for you to become a part of the ECC family, we know that it takes all sorts of gospel-centered churches to reach all sorts of people. There are many faithful churches in our area that proclaim the good news of Jesus, for whom we thank God and and pray for regularly in our Lord’s Day gatherings. However, there are several congregations in particular that closely align with our statement of faith, theological distinctives, and stances on various issues that we can happily recommend:
- Living Word Evangelical Free Church of Elmira, NY
- Breesport Baptist Church of Breesport, NY
- Calvary Baptist Church of Athens, PA
- Cornerstone Reformed Church, Troy, PA
- Wellsboro Bible Church of Wellsboro, PA
- Grace Baptist Church of Dansville, NY
Local Ministries We Support
In addition to our affiliations with these church networks and local, like-minded churches, we also support several local ministries.
- Southern Tier Pregnancy Resource Center. The STPRC is a resource and support system to empower women and their partners to make well-informed decisions regarding pregnancy & sexual health.
- Twin Tiers Christian Academy. TTCA is a Christian college-preparatory academy located in the southern-tier of New York for scholars in grades 5-12.
- New Covenant Academy. NCA is a private Christian school for pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade. It is located in Mansfield, Pennsylvania.
- Renovation House. A faith-based Christian ministry training program for men and women dealing with substance abuse and other life-controlling issues.